International Learner Insurance

International learners must have appropriate and current medical and travel insurance while studying in New Zealand.  St Mary’s College can help organise this for you if required.  

For students with an insurance policy purchased in their country of origin, a copy of their policy translated into english, must be given to the school.

Visa requirements

International school learners coming to study in New Zealand for more than three months require a student visa (or a limited visa for the purpose of study). Study must be the main purpose of the visit. International learners whose study period is less than three months can enter under a visitor's visa.

Full details of visa requirements, advice on rights to employment in New Zealand while studying, are available on Immigration New Zealand’s website: